How can I transfer my domain to you?
If you wish to transfer your current domain to GoPro Hosting, please do the following:
NOTE: Transfers take 4-5 days when done correctly.
- Login to your Client Area at: https://www.goprohosting.com/clients/clientarea.php
- Once there, select "Domains>Transfer Domains to us" from the upper menu. Select I want to transfer my domain to AFM GoPro Hosting", enter your current domain name and click the "continue" button.
- Check the "Available! Order Now" box and click the "continue" button.
- Select your FREE domain name options, enter the correct Nameserver info (NS1.GOPROHOSTING.COM and NS2.GOPROHOSTING.COM) and click the "continue" button.
- Follow the rest of the prompts to complete the process.
MUST READ BEFORE TRANSFERRING
There are two things that must be setup correctly on your domain or the transfer will fail. You must check these 2 things before trying to do a transfer.
1. You must check to make sure that the email address associated with your domain is correct. Once you start the transfer, an automated process will email this address asking for permission to move the domain. If the email listed isn't your email or doesn't work, you can't respond to this email and thus the transfer will fail.
2. You must make sure the domain isn't locked. If it is locked, even if you agree to the transfer, the transfer will fail.
You can check both of the above by going to: http://www.domaintools.com. Once there, type your domain name in the field labelled "Whois Lookup:" and click submit. Find where it says "Administrative Contact:" This is where your correct email must be listed.
Now scroll down to where it says "Status:" If the status says "locked," you must get this changed before doing the transfer.
To get the above changed you must contact the registrar you bought the domain from to do it for you. (Some let you make the changes yourself from their control panel)
Note: You can't transfer a domain unless it has been at the current registrar for at least 60 days. If your domain is expired you cannot transfer it until you first renew it with the current registrar.
Please also view: What is an EPP Authorization Code?
Was this answer helpful?
To prevent illegal or unethical use of domain names, domain registrars are now required to obtain...
Once you make changes to your domain with the registrar you purchased your domain from, the...
Enter the name you want to register in the form at...
It usually takes 24-48 hours for a domain to fully replicate changes, additions, or deletions...
The EPP Authorization Code (EPP Auth Code or EPP Authorization Key) is a 6- to 16-character code...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution